The OSHA Construction Industry Outreach programs are designed in accordance with 29 CFR 1926 regulations and highlight hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention within the construction field.
The OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Outreach training course focuses on providing entry level construction workers with a general awareness of potential construction safety and health hazards that may be encountered at a construction site, and how to recognize and prevent them. This course is mandated by NYS for all construction workers involved in a public work project.
At a minimum, course topics include:
- Intro to OSHA
- OSHA Focus Four Hazards (Fall Protection, Electrical, “Struck-by” and “Caught in/between”)
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment,
- Health Hazards in Construction
Additional topics can include:
- Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators, & Conveyors
- Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal
- Stairways and Ladders
- Tools - Hand and Power
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training
8:00am - 3:00pm
*Special time arrangements also available for groups
208 Newtown Road, Plainview, NY 11803